Just out of the oven.
Pretty enough for son's breakfast!
Many Carrot Cake recipe has a long daunting list of ingredients... Not this one. Just a simple healthy carrot cake in a single mixture. This is something you can send into the oven within 30minutes flat!
Moreover, this is a good way to incorporate the much needed vegetables into your kids diet. Trust me, they will be enjoying the cake so much to have noticed the vege it holds!
For a healthier version, I have used:
- some wholemeal flour. This adds fibre to the cake. If you do not have this on hand, just replace with plain flour.
- grapeseed oil - this is a better choice than butter though you sacrifice some flavour. Go ahead to use other oil/melted butter if you want.
11/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of grapeseed oil
1/3 cup of milk
1/4 tsp all spice (optional)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 carrot, grated
1. Preheat over to 180C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.3. Add remaining ingredients, and stir until all moistened. It is ok for the mixture to be lumpy.
4. Bake for 20min or until done.
5. Frost as desired after the cake is fully cooled.