Pages

Banner

Friday, August 15, 2008

Cola Cupcake


I have a bottle of Pepsi that comes wit my pizza home delivery. It was totally flat, and without the aeration, it is as good as drinking syrup. *Yucks*

Then I recalled seeing a recipe that uses Cola in the cupcake. Since I can't find it, I improvised my very own Cola Cupcake!



Cola - the one I have is not so "gassy" (aerated). But I suppose this recipe will work as fine is you use the carbonated one. Pepsi or Coke will work the same.


Cola Cupcake
1.5 cups sugar (I mix soft brown sugar with white sugar)
2 cups self rising flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use van houten)
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cola
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease baking pan or muffin pan.

  2. Sift the dry ingredients together.

  3. Mix the wet ingredient well in another bowl. Pour into the flour mixture. Blend well.
    Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

  4. Bake at 175 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes. (My oven takes 20min). Remove cake from oven and top with Cola frosing while cake is still warm.


Cola Frosting:
1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder-sifted
3 tbsp icing sugar-sifted
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Cola


Mix all the ingredients well. Spread topping over cake while still warm.





I like this recipe cos it is very simple, no whisking or creaming. I made them all by hand, no need for the electric mixer.

This is also one recipe that I enjoy baking together with Bevis; I measure out everything in 2 big bowls and he gets to stir and mix them.
After baking, I slapped on the frosting and he topped it with the sugar figurine.

Needless to say, it was a perfect treat for kids.

No comments: