Pages

Banner

Monday, September 22, 2008

Kenny Roger Cornbread Muffin




I always love Kenny Roger's Muffin... whenever I go to the town office, I will drop by Great World City to lunch at Kenny Roger to savour their corn muffin.

I was in Kuala Lumpur recently for a workshop, and there's a Kenny Roger restaurant at the adjoining mall. They have several flavours of muffin on their menu, but I find them nothing close to what we have in Singapore. So much about standardisation!


This recipe was originally from here but I noticed that it has been taken off their site. Dear Lawyer, if you are reading this and need me to remove the recipe, pls drop me a line at info@i-dun-have-a-legal-dept.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kenny Roger Cornbread Muffin

Wet ingredients:
½ cup (120ml) butter, softened
½ cup white sugar (original 2/3 cup)
¼ cup (60ml) honey
2 eggs
½ cup (120ml) milk
½ teaspoon salt

Dry ingredients :
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup package frozen or canned corn kernels

Method:



  1. Mix dry & wet ingredients in separate bowls.

  2. Beat the wet ingredients until they are well mixed.

  3. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed stage (means the batter still lumpy), throw in the corn kernels.

  4. Fill muffin cups and bake 200C or 400F for 20-25min


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Baker’s Notes:

  • I very "sotong"... added 60ml of milk instead of 120ml. End up the muffin is hard hard hard! *Stupid ME*

  • I made it in silicon mould – no need greasing.




* And the interesting thing is, Bevis was the first to notice that the muffin was too hard. I didn't suspect a thing when I do the routine check by poking the toothpick into the muffin. As the muffin was left to cool on the rack, Bevis touched and said, "Ma, the cake is so HARD".

Bevis, you grow up to be a food connoisseur ok?

3 comments:

Art of Eating said...

Thanks for sharing. I've always loves the Kenny Roger Cornbread Muffin, haven't get a hand on a recipe that come close to it yet. I'll give it a try.

Cookie said...

Hi,

Try to use a good butter and do let me know how your's go.

I visited your blog and like your MIL birthday day. Wanted to leave a comment but found that it is not allowed.

Cheers.

Art of Eating said...

Thanks Dearie. I'm new to blogging, just learned to turn on the comments field only :p Many more to learn still on blogging.

Definitely will share with you when i give the recipe a try.