Pages

Banner

Friday, January 9, 2009

寿桃 (Longevity Peach Bun)





With Gina's suggestion, I made another batch of 寿桃. This time with HK flour. I do not what on earth is HK flour but gosh it sure cost alot more than the normal flour!




Anyway, the result still not what I want. I was upset... then I realised that I was going in with the wrong expectation. Mantou are meant to be eaten warm... and it is made to be soft when warm only. What's wrong if it's hard when cold... no one made mantou to be soft when cold. So I chided myself!

The shaping is better this time round. I changed the portion of dough (dough 40g + lotus paste 15~20g) slightly and the shape does look better now.

The lotus paste is very sweet, hence I use a small portion only. If you have sweet tooth, pls feel free to increase the portion... there's lots of room for more paste!



For the plain ones, I eat them with some blueberry jam:

This pic looks like butt crack or not? Haha!


PS: I do not know why I didn't think of replacing water with milk which may tenderise the bread.

No comments: