Pages

Banner

Friday, February 13, 2009

Earl Grey Cookie

I must have bought the cookie press more than a year ago and have yet to formally use it. The first time I filled it with the cookie dough, the dough was too hard to be pressed... so was the 2nd and third time.
Until this one... Finally I get to show off some pretty cookies!

Earl Grey Crisp needs some Earl Grey... and I have these 2 types in my cabinet:

I opted for the one on the left cos that's suppose to have a stronger flavour.
Cut open the tea bag and this is what I've got. It is fine enough so no need to grind anymore. Else, you may need to whiz in the food processor for few seconds.



Earl Grey Crisp
Earl Grey tea bag/leaves, finely grinded 1 tbsp (about 1 tea bag)
Butter 100g
Icing sugar 40g
Whipping cream 70ml
Cake Flour 160g } (Sifted together)
Baking Powder ¼ tsp }

1) Cream butter. Add sugar, whipping cream & tea leave, one at a time, mix well.
2) Add the sifted flour mixture into butter mixture. Chill for at least 30min or overnight..
3) If use cookie press, leave the dough to soften before adding into the press.
4) Bake at 180C for 15min or until brown.

Baker’s Notes:
  • The earl grey is very light... only a slight aftertaste in the tongue. Most people tell me "earl grey meh?" Can try to use more tea leaves or use the tea from Marks & Spencer, as advised by Aunty Yochana.
  • This dough is very soft, it is difficult to shape with your hands. If no cookie press, then use a piping bag to pipe it out.
  • This is the kindda of cookie suitable for mass production. :-) The cookie press is so fast and convenient. I will certainly make this again (in bigger batch) when I finish up all the new year goodies!
  • Overall I like this cookie for the light texture. So does my sweetie Sheen!

2 comments:

Halimah Ilavarasi said...

I love drinking early grey and in particular love Dilmah brand. My friend who went to Sri Lanka bought it for me. Amazing fragrance. I've been meaning to make some vegan earl grey cookies. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cookie said...

Hi Halimah,

Lucky You! You will get good results with good tea leaves!

I look forward to seeing your vegan version soon!

Cheers.