Pages

Banner

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

quest for a chocolate mint cookie to "wow" me continues...



I had a go at mint chocolate cookie. This is from Florence, who is a veteran baker, and I usually get fair success from her recipe.

But this cookie got me wondering if the problem lies with the ingredients, the instruction, or the baker?


I used a little less sugar and a different mint choc. Also, baked grossly a shorter time than given here - the time stated was 25-30min, but my cookie already threatened to burn at the 8min mark, so I stop there. The cookie is crispy but not the best cookie, I got to be honest!



Ingredients:
60g butter
1 tsp corn oil
30g icing sugar (I used 20g)
1/8 tsp of salt
100g cake flour
15g cocoa powder
pinch of baking soda
50g Andes Mint Parfait, chopped


Method:
1. Cream butter, corn oil, icing sugar and salt till light and fluffy.
2. Fold in the sieved flour, cocoa powder and baking soda mixture.
3. Add in the chopped up Andes Mint and mix till a soft dough is formed.
4. Divide the dough into 18 pieces shape it round and flatten them a little.
5. Bake on a lined tray at 180C for 25 - 30 minutes.

No comments: