Pages

Banner

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Strawberry Mousse Cake


I got this idea from Pook's Daily Delicious. She has vey detailed step by step instructions there... check it out if you have not visited her blog!

Strawberry Mousse Cake
Yield 6" round
Sponge batter : use your usual sponge recipe or this
· Bake and leave it to cool.

Strawberry mousse :
150g strawpberry puree (I used 120g chopped strawberry + some water)
1 tbsp Caster sugar (you may need more or less depending on how sweet the berries is)
3g Gelatin powder
150g Whipping cream
100g chopped strawberry (optional, I use it to finish up my strawberry)

1. Mix the gelatin with 2tbsp of water.
2. Pour half of the strawberry with the sugar into the microwavable bowl, heat for 1-2 minutes until hot.
3. Put the gelatin into the strawberry puree, whisk to combine.
4. Pour the hot mixture into the rest of strawberry puree, beat to combine. Let the mixture cool.
5. Whisk cream just to soft peaks.
6. Gently fold 1/3 of the cream into the berry mixture.
7. Gently fold back the berry and cream mixture into the cream. Add the chopped strawberry (if you are using it). The mixture will be quite loose.
8. Top the cake with mousse. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, until set.

Baker's Notes:

  • Very pretty and refreshingly light cake!
  • I like this cake as it has the lightest and loveliest shade of pink... Now i realised that those bloody red kind of strawberry mousse are all artifical colouring!!!
  • Pook uses the cake ring to get a consistent size for cake and mousse. I do not have cake ring; I bake my sponge in a loose bottom pan. Cake does strink a little leaving small gaps on the circumference which I simply filled in with mousse.

2 comments:

Art of Eating said...

Good Idea ! Sure the cake looks lovely.

Cookie said...

Taste lovely too! This recipe certainly going to stay in my repertoire!

Give it a try soon!

Cheers,
cookie