Pages

Banner

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do you call this a World Peace Cookie?

I picked up a pack of butterscotch chips from Cold Storage at my weekly groceries trip... partly becos I never eaten a butterscotch before. Eager to bake a batch of cookies with the new "sweets", I went google...

After all the research and reviewing, I decided to stick to my same old World Peace Cookie . I certainly do not have a love-at-first-sight affair with WPC, but over time, as I repeatedly baked for people who requested for it, I slowly fell for this morsel.

I replaced the chocolate chip with butterscotch chips, and after so many round of hopeless attempts to get the nicely sliced cookies, I shaped them free hand instead. I used a 10ml measuring spoon to measure out the dough so that the cookies can be even sized.
The cookies is great - very chocolately as always, and the butterscotch is sweet and soft... I do not have sweet tooth but do enjoy this combination. Only that I will reduce the sugar if going to use butterscotch next time.

And now I wonder... after all these substitutions and changes, do you still call them World Peace Cookies?

4 comments:

ann low said...

This is really new to me..World Peach Cookie?? very special name.

Cookie said...

Hi Anncoo,
World Peace Cookie is more than a special name. This splendid creation is by Dorie Greenspan! If you like chocolate, you will love this!

This is my hubby's favourite, and a hit among my colleagues.

Die die must try!

Cheers!

ann low said...

OK, I promise will definitely try this. ....sorry..correction..is World "Peace" Cookie not "Peach"..being having to lots of peaches that day...haha...

Cookie said...

Haha, I often made such typo error too!

If you end up adding peaches to the cookie dough, we may really get our local version of WPC!

=p