Pages

Banner

Monday, September 7, 2009

Bakerella's Milk Chocolate Chips Cookies


Over the 1 year plus of baking, I have collected quite a stake of recipe for chocolate chip cookie... and I think I more or less settled for those that J enjoyed.

But when I saw the post on Bakerella, I drooled. I mean, it looks like it will beat all my best chocolate chip recipe... and the very night, I forego my beauty sleep to bake this:



Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe source: bakerella

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar (i used ½ c but still too sweet for me)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
3. With a mixer, beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture in two additions until combined.
6. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
7. Use a mini ice cream scoop to drop cookie dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Tip: About half way through baking, sprinkle reserved chips on top of cookies. This is just to make them prettier so, some of the chips are seen on top.
Baker’s Note:
  • I bake in too low a temp, (160C) – cookie was a tad hard
  • Need to reduce the sugar further!
  • I gave this cookie jar to someone who has sweet tooth... he loves it!

No comments: