Pages

Banner

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random Thoughts - am I losing steam in baking?

J told me his cookie jar is almost empty, so I took out a block of butter waiting for it to soften. And while waiting, I looked into the packed fridge, and I have lotus paste, black cherries, pomela, mango, strawberries....

Yeah right, I was suppose to bake some more sugarless mooncakes for my diabetics mum and MIL, a black forest cake for my sis and family (I made a promise during sis' birthday), and a mango pomela sago dessert, a strawberry shortcake! And to add to the stress level, Mooncake festival is less than 2 weeks away, have to fast fast bake and give them away. Also, Children's Day coming, need to start planning!

But I can barely muster enough energy... I just want to rot in the couch =p

btw, an hour after I took the butter out, I placed it back to the fridge again.

希望明天会更好!

7 comments:

Art of Eating said...

Hi Cookie,

Could relate to your feeling, it happen to me many times. Taking out and putting back the butter and ingredient. Sometimes i enjoy glue to the couch and watch TV. All those lazy bugs. Worst, I running out of idea what is easy to make & exciting. Well ... just bake at leisure.

Cookie said...

Thanks YY, you made me feel less guilty!

The whole trouble is the food will not wait... too often the food get tossed into the bin after its prime!

So wasteful right!!! Tsk tsk.

Art of Eating said...

Totally agreed with you. My hubby always bark me saying that my baking stuff is going or already expired. I always thought i would baked soon with the coconut milk but always end up in the bin w/o using ....

Cookie said...

after throwing, then you feel so guilty right...

I always feel that!!!

petite nyonya said...

Oh no...this is so funny as I get this exact feeling after buying the baking ingredients! However, I don't have your pressure to bake for the entire fmly members.Go shopping or watch a movie, then maybe your baking bug will automatically come back soon :D

Anonymous said...

It's okay C, I think all of us are guilty of going through that at least once :P Whenever I have too much bakes 'in queue', what I do is start off with the most frequent bake. When it's all done and a great resounding success, the euphoria always sets off the adrenalin to continue baking the other items on the list!

My mister always tells me, don't let something you love to do become something you HAVE to do. So take your time, and don't be stressed out!

Cookie said...

Hi Petite Nonya,
Haha, when I see something in the supermarket, I will conjur up many baking ideas... if I do not bake within 3 days... that idea is not likely to materialise!!! :-(

Hi Ovenhaven,
well said "don't let something you love to do become something you HAVE to do"...

How profound!

Cheers!