Pages

Banner

Friday, June 25, 2010

Blueberry Cake


I thought I was going to run thru all the past bake and put them up, but I found that my memory really sucks... I can't recall anything surrounding those bake, and i simply not quite inspired to put up the post if I cannot recall the circumstances.

This afternoon I was longing for a warm mantou, and I knew I have a box of bun flour to use up before i move out. But. Where is the recipe?

I totally forgotten that my favourite recipes and folders have been cleared into boxes by now. Luckily I have few books which were intended to be remain in Singapore

Malaysian Baker, Kevin Chai, has a book where all the cakes can be whipped up without using any mixer. Though this is named Blueberry Cake, I think it is more like muffin than cake.

BlueBerry Cake
Source: Easy Stir n Bake Cakes, Kevin Chai
yield: I get about 5 muffins

100g plain flour
20g nestum (i used quaker oaks)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
80g castor sugar
80ml corn oil
150g blueberry filling ( I used 120g fresh blueberries)
100g canned pineapple (I omit this)

1) Combine flour, nestum, baking powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl.
2) Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Stir into flour mixture together with blueberries and pineapple (if using) until well blended. Pour mixture into small paper cup.
3) Bake in preheated oven at 175C for 25-30min. Leave it to cool.


No comments: