Pages

Banner

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eating at Home

Despite the high cost of living in London, there's actually things that we cheaper than we have back home. Like flowers - these are sold like groceries in the supermarket... each bunch cost about £3-6, depending on the variety.





I was so happy to receive them from my little Sheen - of course he does not have the financial means to buy the flowers, but he was the one pick it out and told daddy to pay when both of them were making their way home after his school.

The little one tried to surprise me when i came home from work... blindfolded me before leading me to the kitchen where the flowers where "hidden".

That's not the point of this post, but these are little pleasures in life that make parenting a sweet journey!

After dinner last evening, we strolled to the nearby supermarket, and saw this Tesco Finest* Meal Deal for Two which only cost us £10. Pretty good deal - we can pick 1 Main, 1 Side, 1 Dessert & 1 Drink and the drink includes wine :-)

May I present the dinner menu:








That's what we have:



The portion may not look big, but it is really substantial - we didn't manage to finish our plate, and so the dessert was kept as snack for Sheen's school next day!


The food is fresh, and honestly, as good as what we get from some restaurants. I got everything heated and served on the table within 20min!



This is going to be a perfect choice for us as the dusk getting earlier and temperature dips faster than you say cold. Like the squirrel stocking up the accorns for winter, I see us stocking up these ready meals hahaha!

5 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

your son is so sweet!! and your food makes me drool!

Cookie said...

Hi Jess,
Thanks for dropping by.
These ready meals are popular here... and need very little time to them to the dining table!

MaryMoh said...

Awwww...your some is so sweet! That's a lovely meal you had.

Blessed Homemaker said...

That's a great deal! I'm going to share this with my nephew who's studying in London now.

Cookie said...

Hi Mary,
The meal i have is nothing close to all the fantastic homecook stuff u have!

Hi Blessed Homemaker.
Yeah, I remember you mention your newphew just came over too! Hope he's settling well!

He can't miss this - almost every supermarket have their version of the 10 pound meal!